Fair Fishing is an independent, non-profitable International Non-Governmental Organisation (INGO). Since late 2011, the organisation have been working closely together with fishermen, fishery companies, local and national organisations, ministries and authorities at the Horn of Africa in order to upgrade and sustain a fishery industry, fulfilling the needs for gainful employment, nutrition and optimal, rightful utilization of marine resources, as well as to provide an alternative to illegal activities at sea.
- Facilitated numerous fact-finding missions
- Prepared preliminary project reports, site inspections etc.
- Established the entire organisation from obtaining legal registration, creating offices, recruiting staff etc.
- Stakeholder management including liaison with key ministers and relevant authorities
- Prepared fundraising master plan and funding from EU.
- Provided ongoing strategic support to ensure smooth operations and strong community participation.